March 30, 2007

March: "It Don't Take a Whole Day"


Sliding right in under the March deadline, I've got an update to tie my sporadic early spring posting together. In addition to my debut pieces for Stylus (RZA and Sean Price), I've got reviews of the Bar-Kays latest, as well as an older review of Planet Asia's The Sickness out the okayplayer vaults. Be on the look-out for a nice big Stylus piece on Detroit's art-hop, coming soon.

"I don't usually do this but, ah, break 'em off with a few shoutouts":

Shoutout to fellow hip-hop literati Blake Brandes for putting the wraps on his latest album, Soulfire.

Shoutout to Michelle McDevitt of Audible Treats for a number of nice leads as of late.

Shoutout to Todd Burns and Mike Powell of Stylus for a new platform and some writerly advice.

And last but not least, shoutout to my international network (from Beijing to NYC to Cambridge to London) for putting up with me and holding me down over the past few months: Christian, Chuk, Cliff, Dave, Jacob, Mike, and Ross. Whether we've known each other since Mr. Wiz's gym class or since opening days at the DPU, I appreciate the words and the time you've given me, especially as of late. "That's what friends are for"? Forget it... I'll make it up to you all, please believe. In the meantime, just remember:

"It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine."




No comments: