October 02, 2007

Summer Recap: The Whole World Like, "T, Where the You Been?" Me: "You See, What Had Happened Was..."




"Give a dog a bone
Leave a dog alone
Let a dog roam
And he'll find his way home."

Well, I have. The past few months have been an absolute and uncharacteristic whirlwind. Stops in France, Belgium, Switzerland, and Germany -- unshaven, with all of my possessions (sans a razor) in the green backpack I've been carrying around since high school -- kept me on my feet every moment my dissertation didn't keep me in my seat. Now that autumn has fallen once again, I'm back in the States, having just wrapped-up my two year exile in England. To the sponsors of my scholarship: much thanks from the bottom of my heart. To my readers: much apologies for the past few months; rest assured that some good will soon be coming out of it.

A few longer articles, followed by my master's dissertation on NYC, hip-hop, and policing, are on their way, as well as a new slate of reviews. In the meantime, some recently penned items for your consideration (music-related and non-) and a quick run-down of what's been up musically for July through September.

No comments: